Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
WELCOME TO THE AC!D FORUMS! - BE ACTIVE & RESPECT OTHERS!
COMPETITIVE RECORD - PLAYED 45 - WON 42 - LOST 3
BLACK OPS ESCALATION MAP PACK - RELEASE DATE - 10 / 06 / 2011
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 149 on Thu 22 Jun - 8:33
Latest topics
» Call of Duty 2015
MW2 Information Icon_minitimeby jcb94 Sat 28 Feb - 23:03

» What is your favourite car?
MW2 Information Icon_minitimeby bujj Sat 19 Oct - 0:32

» Ghosts clans
MW2 Information Icon_minitimeby swann123 Fri 11 Oct - 20:01

» What is your favourite PC game?
MW2 Information Icon_minitimeby SekleNeejil Fri 2 Aug - 18:37

» Competitive Black Ops 2
MW2 Information Icon_minitimeby MicroSnipe Fri 31 May - 6:14

» BOps 2 League Team
MW2 Information Icon_minitimeby boultonboys Thu 16 May - 3:56

» Dead island
MW2 Information Icon_minitimeby ArtieLange Thu 9 May - 20:10

» The Funnies Thread!
MW2 Information Icon_minitimeby ArtieLange Thu 9 May - 20:08

» Something I've Been Working On.
MW2 Information Icon_minitimeby MannyAnny Mon 29 Apr - 19:10

» Which Headset ?
MW2 Information Icon_minitimeby MannyAnny Mon 29 Apr - 19:01

» Favourite Actor?
MW2 Information Icon_minitimeby Colourcar Sat 13 Apr - 0:12

» What football team do you support?
MW2 Information Icon_minitimeby Colourcar Sat 13 Apr - 0:11

» PLaying about with Autofilters
MW2 Information Icon_minitimeby bujj Thu 7 Mar - 2:09

» Introduce yourself!!
MW2 Information Icon_minitimeby PARADOX_v1 Wed 27 Feb - 10:23

» F**king PSN Network
MW2 Information Icon_minitimeby No:051184 Sun 20 Jan - 2:07

Top posting users this week
No user
Most active topic starters
PARADOX_v1
MW2 Information Voting_barMW2 Information I_voting_barMW2 Information I_vote_rcap 
No:051184
MW2 Information Voting_barMW2 Information I_voting_barMW2 Information I_vote_rcap 
Psychosocials
jcb94
milfer
Phenomenal-
bujj
karriu
skillzkid
Evanss_93
Gallery
MW2 Information Empty
News 4 Gamers
Console Gaming
GameBattles
GameBattles
PS3 Leaderboards
PS3 Leaderboards
PSN
PSN
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Statistics
We have 215 registered users
The newest registered user is SekleNeejil

Our users have posted a total of 34689 messages in 2113 subjects
Most Viewed Topics
The Signature Centre
What Song Are You Listening To?
The Funnies Thread!
free movies on your iPod touch/iPhone (jailbroken only)
black ops player cards.
Black Ops Emblems
MW3 banned in UK?
Black Ops countdown timer
Introduce yourself!!
PSN is down again
Most active topics
The Signature Centre
What Song Are You Listening To?
The Funnies Thread!
E3 LIVE STREAM
Medal Of Honour Beta 21st June 2010
Introduce yourself!!
Red Dead: Verdict So Far?
Join the Acid Gamers Elite Clan
What football team do you support?
PSN is down again
Top posting users this month
No user
Top posters
PARADOX_v1 (3708)
No:051184 (3131)
somepepeshit (2924)
jcb94 (2707)
Psychosocials (2399)
karriu (1946)
milfer (1837)
Phenomenal- (1581)
skillzkid (1559)
REDROB7 (1545)

MW2 Information

Go down 
+2
PARADOX_v1
Dibbers
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Dibbers
Sergeant Major of the Royal Marines
Dibbers

AC!D Points : 6026

MW2 Information Empty
PostSubject: MW2 Information   MW2 Information Icon_minitimeTue 29 Sep - 3:21

So the Dutch videogame magazine Power Unlimited is seemingly the first mag in the world with a thorough hands on preview of Modern Warfare 2. Without wasting anymore of your time, here's the gist of it:

Singleplayer:

- To handle the pressure, Infinity Ward put up a selective filter on community feedback, and at some point simply decided: "this is how the game is going to be."
- Both bullets and grenades now have realistic physics. Bullets will ricochet off walls and grenades will realistically fall down stairs.
- It is now possible to hold a handgun in one hand and a knife in the other, comparable to how Solid Snake holds them together in MGS3 and 4.
- There will most probably be an underwater level, since a heavily armed Navy Seal diver was shown off (as in the trailer).
- One of the levels is called 'International Cyber Space Lab'. Will CoD go into space, or is this some derelict Russian missile base?
- Bullettime is featured in the game, but will only be triggered at key points. It's not some super power which you can activate with a press of a button.
- More innocent bystanders and civilians will be present in the warzones, and though it isn't your mission, you wont be punished if you shoot them down.
- Every time you finish a level, a Challenge will be unlocked. These challenges are comparable to Horde Mode from Gears 2, only with a time element added to it. The faster you kill everyone, the higher your rank will become.
- You can play the Challenges in split screen and they will most probably be playable online as well.
- New weapons will be introduced (while some others will be dropped), and since you're part of Task Force 121, you will have access to the most advanced weaponry available.
- One example of such an advanced weapon is a gun equipped with a heartbeat sensor, which you will use in the 'snow level' to detect enemies from dozens of feet away.
- Existing weapons are completely remodelded and as such are much more detailed this time around. For example, a scope can get smudged while a red dot sight will dissappear when you aren't targeting anything.
- You can destroy much more of your environment. For example, you can shoot at a firefighters pump which will cause a huge geiser to errupt, blocking part of your sight.
- Another example: you can shoot at a gas station, which not only causes an explosion, but the gasline will then flail around like crazy while flames erupt from it.

<!!level spoilers start here!!>

- The 'snow level' takes place somewhere in Kazakhstan and is called 'Cliffhanger'.
- The level starts off with climbing a ridge which, from their description, sounds mostly scripted, though you do the climbing yourself by pressing the triggers.
- General MacTavish makes a return and is featured in this first level.
- Once you've climbed up the ridge, you will make a trek through the snow, while your sight is slightly blocked due to falling snow, so you'll have to make use of your weapons' heartbeat sensor.
- This level is described as an infiltration mission, where you have to use stealth to advance, comparable to Ghillies in the Mist from the first game.
- After a couple of stealth kills and the placement of several explosives, you get caught and are forced to trigger the explosions early. Now s**t hits the fan and all hell breaks loose in true Call of Duty fare.
- During the huge firefight, with soldiers, helicopters and jets all over the place, you make your escape on the well known snowmobile, racing downhill while fighting off pursuers.

- The 'Brazil level' takes place in Favela, a shanty town in Rio de Janeiro.
- Level starts out with you sitting in a car when suddenly you get fired upon.
- You are forced to leave the vehicle, as your driver got shot and bullets are still flying all over the place.
- Your mission here is to chase down some guy while not killing him, so it's a capture mission.
- Loads of stuff happening in this level too: civilians screaming and running away, exploding cars, dead bodies everywhere, it's utter chaos.
- After shooting the target in the leg, the demo ends, which is because they haven't finished the level yet.
- Infinity Ward now uses texture streaming, which enables them to construct much bigger levels. They show this off by zooming out of the Favela level.
- The lighting is greatly improved, with much more subtle details everywhere.
- The entire level is described as having loads of detail, with lots of shacks everywhere and alleys going in every direction, as well as newspapers blowing in the wind.
- The developer hints to Favela being a multiplayer map as well.

- A third level takes place in the desert.
- You drive off to a cliff, which you will rapel down from.
- After this, you will enter a cave and fight underground.
- The scene in the cave strongly resembles the scene from the Iron Man movie where Tony Stark constructed his first suit, which is something the developer was shooting for intentionally.
- The cave consists of a seemingly endless amount of corridors, and numerous large rooms.
<!!level spoilers end here!!>

Multiplayer:

- A couple new multiplayer modes will be introduced, but they wont be revealed until after E3. All modes are completely new and have never been featured in any other game.
- New perks will be introduced.
- The riot shield will be a perk. It will be possible to carry the shield with two people, while a third shoots from behind it's cover.

There's also numerous screens in the magazine, but it's basically all scenes from the recently released trailer.
Back to top Go down
PARADOX_v1
Brigadier General
Brigadier General
PARADOX_v1

AC!D Points : 9772

MW2 Information Empty
PostSubject: Re: MW2 Information   MW2 Information Icon_minitimeTue 29 Sep - 10:29

good work dibbers. Reputation points for you!
Back to top Go down
http://www.acid-gamers.com
Psychosocials
Major
Major
Psychosocials

AC!D Points : 8166

MW2 Information Empty
PostSubject: Re: MW2 Information   MW2 Information Icon_minitimeFri 2 Oct - 23:32

Here's some online footage for ya!

Back to top Go down
Crues
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

AC!D Points : 5464

MW2 Information Empty
PostSubject: Re: MW2 Information   MW2 Information Icon_minitimeWed 21 Oct - 5:53

Nice one dibbers that will save me buying any PS3 mags nxt month.
Back to top Go down
Colonel
Colonel

AC!D Points : 8948

MW2 Information Empty
PostSubject: Re: MW2 Information   MW2 Information Icon_minitimeThu 22 Oct - 8:59

Afghan multi player level
Back to top Go down
Colonel
Colonel

MW2 Information Empty
PostSubject: Re: MW2 Information   MW2 Information Icon_minitimeThu 22 Oct - 9:00

Part 2
Back to top Go down
Dibbers
Dibbers

AC!D Points : 6026

MW2 Information Empty
PostSubject: Re: MW2 Information   MW2 Information Icon_minitimeSat 24 Oct - 19:40

Oh My God that multiplayer looks insane!

I love how you can see the actuall moving targets when calling in the Missile thing.

It will be a close battle between Uncharted 2:Among Theives and Modern Warfare: 2 for Game of the Year!
Back to top Go down
Colonel
Colonel

MW2 Information Empty
PostSubject: Re: MW2 Information   MW2 Information Icon_minitimeWed 28 Oct - 5:35

just found this, i like the idea that you don’t necessary that have to kill loads of people to get points plus you can stick the sticky grenades to peoples heads
Back to top Go down
PARADOX_v1
Brigadier General
Brigadier General
PARADOX_v1

AC!D Points : 9772

MW2 Information Empty
PostSubject: Re: MW2 Information   MW2 Information Icon_minitimeWed 28 Oct - 6:09

Lol you could throw a nade on someones head while they are planting the bomb and then blow their heads off once they planted lool that will be fun!!
Back to top Go down
somepepeshit
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
somepepeshit

AC!D Points : 8461

MW2 Information Empty
PostSubject: Re: MW2 Information   MW2 Information Icon_minitimeWed 28 Oct - 9:28

excellent interview, nice find michael
Back to top Go down
Psychosocials
Major
Major
Psychosocials

AC!D Points : 8166

MW2 Information Empty
PostSubject: Re: MW2 Information   MW2 Information Icon_minitimeWed 28 Oct - 19:53

I love the fact the blood comes up on your screen when you've been shot, its a pity if you buy it in the states it doesn't work over here, ma mums in florida lol and it was released this week over there
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

MW2 Information Empty
PostSubject: Re: MW2 Information   MW2 Information Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MW2 Information
Page 1 of 1